Please join us for the following sessions and events. We would love to see you and talk with you!
The two Material Collective sponsored sessions are:
1. Thur May 11 at 1:30. Material (A Roundtable) Sangren 1730
Organizers: Joy Partridge, Graduate Center, CUNY and Alexa Sand, Utah State Univ.
Presider: Joy Partridge
- Eating Medieval Art, Marian Bleeke, Cleveland State Univ.
- “And the light thereof was like to a precious stone”: The Heavenly Jerusalem and the Erbach Panels, Lora Webb, Stanford Univ.
- Motifs as Immateriality in Cappadocian Painting, Alice Lynn McMichael, Michigan State Univ.
- The Sculptors of Souillac and the (Im)material Virgin, Jennifer Lyons, Ithaca College
- Plaster Casts and the Culture of the Copy, Julia Finch, Morehead State Univ.
2. Thur May 11 at 3:30. Collective (A Roundtable) Sangren 1730
Organizers: Joy Partridge and Alexa Sand
Presider: Alexa Sand
- With and against Objects, and Ourselves, Benjamin C. Tilghman, Lawrence Univ./Material Collective
- From Collaboration to Community: Art History That, Amy K. Hamlin, St. Catherine Univ. and Karen J. Leader, Florida Atlantic Univ.
- Do We Only Preserve What We Enjoy? Sustaining Images of Medieval Art and Architecture Alison Langmead, Univ. of Pittsburgh and Aisling Quigley, Univ. of Pittsburgh
- Mobilizing Collectives, Maggie M. Williams, William Paterson Univ./Material Collective and Julie Orlemanski, Univ. of Chicago
Fri May 12 at 12:00, Material Collective Business meeting, Fetzer 1060. This meeting is open to anyone interested in connecting with us. We will talk about our current projects and brainstorm for upcoming conference sessions. Bring your lunch, bring your ideas.
Fri May 12 at 5:00pm – BABEL + MATERIAL COLLECTIVE RECEPTION (Bernhard President’s Dining Room). The drinks are on us!
Be sure to check out the sessions and events sponsored by our co-conspirators at BABEL.